Sunday, January 5, 2014

First Post

   Like many people before they become bloggers, I spent a significant amount of time reading and following many of the more popular PF bloggers out there as a source of inspiration. They can help you to refine your behavior and serve as constant motivators to make sure you are on the right path. Many of these same bloggers mention their motivations for starting their own blogs, a more common one being accountability and a sense of community. I think it makes a lot of sense to start your own blog, not only to try and spread some of your own unique ideas out there, but because there is so much you can learn from others as well.

   I am an accountant by training, and as you might expect, was pretty certain I new most of what there was to know about money and personal finance. As I dove into the personal finance blog world I became certain I had a lot to learn. Up until that point I was one of the few people I knew who was considered "cheap" (aka frugal in my opinion) by most of my friends and family members. I quickly learned there was a whole world of like minded individuals out there who could serve to inform and inspire me.

   Now I want to take my education to the next step and also see if I can lay out a different viewpoint than those already out there. I figured I might as well use a nickname I earned back in HS, most likely due to my "value conscious" behaviors, as the namesake for my blog. I hope to use this site as a means of accountability and a place where I can learn as much from others as I hopefully can teach them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment